Moving Breathing Living Yoga: An Exploration of the Prana Vayus
Recognizing the ways that prana (life force energy) moves through you can enrich your yoga practice and may assist you in cultivating greater health and wellbeing. Cynthia will guide you in a spirited investigation of the five Prana Vayus(movements of prana) through lecture and group work, and guided asana, pranayama, chanting, yoga nidra, and mudrapractices.
This workshop will invite participants to deepen their understanding and practice of yoga as a therapeutic art - both on and off the yoga mat. There are no prerequisites, and beginners are welcome. Yoga teachers, body workers, and counselors may find that the prana vayu model may offer a useful guide to the care of their students and clients.
Bring a bagged lunch, a water bottle, and a journal
· Overview of the Prana Vayus: lecture and discussion
· Led practices: identifying and experiencing the five prana vayus
· Considering signs of health versus disease in the five prana vayus
· Led practices: matching asana and mudrapractice to each of the prana vayus
· Considering the movement of the prana vayusas a psycho-spiritual process
Fees: $100 for full day or $60 for single sessions
Cynthia Woodring, M.S., C-IAYT, E-RYT 500, has been teaching yoga in Charlottesville since 1995. She is a certified yoga therapist with a Master’s degree in Yoga Therapy. She is passionate about refining her understanding of all aspects of yoga and strives to find the language and methods that will provoke the deepest understanding and transformation for her students.